<p style='text-align: justify;'>Silver medal awarded to Henry J Player for the anatomy session of 1830 and 1831. Henry Player was a brilliant student and was appointed as a physician's clerk at the Manchester Infirmary, where he worked from 1834 to 1837. He died from a fever contracted during the course of his duties. The medal was presented to him by Thomas Turner FRCS (1793-1873), the founder of The Manchester Royal School of Medicine, which was located close to the back of the Manchester Infirmary, in Piccadilly. Also known as the Pine Street School it opened in 1825, and in 1834 took over the medical museum and library of the Mount School of Anatomy, which had been founded by Joseph Jordan FRCS (1787-1873) in 1814. The Pine Street School was renamed the ‘Manchester Royal School of Medicine’ in 1836, and was incorporated into Owens College in 1872 as the Manchester Medical School.</p>
This image has the following copyright:
Choose one of the available sizes to download:
This metadata has the following copyright:
Do you want to download metadata for this document?