<p style='text-align: justify;'> An omnibus, registration LF8458/B1678, No. 33 stands opposite a wooden hut. The bus has various advertisements around the upper deck, such as PEARS Soap, Oakey Wellington Knife Polish. The route is also visible Piccadilly Circus, Upper Richmond Road, Barnes gardens, Castelnau, Hammersmith Kensington Road, Knightsbridge, Hyde Park Gardens, Piccadilly. Standing between the bus and hut are three women, dressed in uniform with hats, and three men, two dressed in uniform and one dressed in a suit. The road name Victoria Place is visible on a house in the background of the photograph. The London General Omnibus Company was founded in 1855 to amalgamate and regulate the many independent horse-drawn omnibus services operating in London. L.G.O.C. began using motor omnibuses in 1902 and the last horse drawn bus ran on 25th October 1911. Oakey Wellington knife polish was introduced in 1858. Pears transparent soap was first produced and sold in 1807. </p>
This image has the following copyright:
Choose one of the available sizes to download:
This metadata has the following copyright:
Do you want to download metadata for this document?